CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Head to Head with the Mafia

If you know anything about Boston, or the surrounding areas, you would swear that not only is the mafia alive and real, its everywhere. We have wondered about some people that our lives cross paths with many times. There are certain people we see, almost daily, that could be mafia just because there is no other explanation for how they live. Today, Tyler, Talan, and I ran into the mafia. We were walking into our friend's apartment complex on a very rainy day. We didn't have our umbrella so I told Tyler to go ahead and run up. He was no more than 4 feet ahead of me when I saw a Cadillac pull up, dark tinted windows. Out steps the driver, umbrella in hand, dressed in full suit to the tee. He walks around and lets a larger man out of the back, even more dressed to the tee. The driver proceeds to hold the umbrella for the passenger as he walks crossing our path. Just about that time I think, oh dear, please let Tyler stop. But my stars are never quite that lucky. Tyler ran straight by him. The man grabbed Tyler's arm and told him, "Boy, you go back to your mother!" Tyler quickly ran back like a scolded little school boy, clutching to my leg. The man walked off all important like, the driver looked at me and kind of chuckled. If it was a normal person, I would have given my best fake Boston attitude I could muster up, and told him, no one talks to my son like that. Instead, I gave the driver the best mean Boston face I have, and walked away. I now know the passenger is the owner of that apartment complex building and is known to have possible mafia connections. Who knows?? All I know is, I never want to cross paths with that guy again!

1 comments:

ellen said...

I think we can safely say that "Meffa" is "mobbed-up"!