CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

And Grandma Goes Down...............

I was at the doctor today for one of my millions of appointments every month and of course, like always, she wanted more blood work. Seriously, I am now just a walking pin cushion. I think I must have some sort of invisible sign that doctors can only see which says, Please take my blood, I'd love to give it. I briefly thought to myself, I should just wait till Thursday because no doubt, I will be giving another gallon after that doctor appointment. Then I thought better of it because of some of the things the doctor told me I thought today might be better. So, I get in the lab I am number 35. I wait my 15 - 20 minutes and am called back. I try to get friendly with the lab tech because I personally feel like if you are nice to them they tend to be nicer with their needle. She was so engrossed in telling me about how her teenage son was now having his 2nd child that she whipped a regular sized band aid on me and sent me off to pee in a cup. I was pushing Talan through the lobby in his stroller waiting for my turn in the restroom. I felt a cold brush of air and turned to look at what it was. I look over and my arm is gushing blood! Blood is dripping down my arm, fingers, bracelet and, into a little puddle on the ground. About the same instant this little old Grandma looks over from her chair, being even with the bloody mess, looks at me and faints. At this moment I don't know if I should move and create a bloody mess or if I should stay put. I start calling for help because I'm a mess and this poor Grandma is out cold. The receptionist comes out and shoes me into a room where they start hosing my arm down. Someone screams, "Get her baby!" It was all very dramatic and surreal at the same time. The Grandma woke up, she was fine. So after they practically cast my arm, they send me on my way. My doctor's appointment just got all the more interesting!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Where does your luck come from, girl? Gosh! I am laughing so hard at reading your packing popcorn disaster. Bet that was fun to clean up! Leave a comment on my blog once in a while and say hello! Hope your feeling ok. we need to talk on the phone soon!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Holy cow! That is quite the Dr. Appt. Glad both grammie and your arm are ok. :)

ellen said...

You could never say you lead a dull life!