CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Go Cougars!











At the last minute we decided to go to the BYU vs. Air Force game. One of the perks of being military is that our tickets were $5 and we were 3 rows up off of the field. I know, it must make some of you sick to your stomach, this is a rare moment when I can say haha. We packed up the whole family (no small task) and went to the game. We all had several layers of clothes on, kind of making us look like umpa lumpas but hey the only guy I have to impress is my cute husband. I love the Air Force games because you see so much patriotism. My eyes have been opened since we moved here and have been so affected by the military. You start to have a little more pride in the USA and a soft heart for the families that serve in the military. I know, some of you must be thinking well that is probably because you are in the military. Seeing families torn apart because of a war, men and women being sent home injured or worse, or just young people/families enlisting to make something of their lives you gain a new respect. So, when you see the jet planes fly across the stadium its not too far of a reach to think of them oversees on missions. When I hear the national anthem played, I think of soldiers like my neighbor across the street who has been gone from his family for over a year for the 3rd time in 5 years and I am grateful for our freedom. My boys love to see all the soldiers dressed in their different uniforms. Tyler knows exactly which ones are Army and he will tell me there is someone like daddy. I especially love going to games to watch Matt's face lite up. He is so happy when we are there and it makes my heart happy to see him happy. I enjoy the games too. I think I have myself convinced that if I go back to get my masters degree they will definitely let me on the cheer squad and I will be living the life!!!! I mean who wouldn't want a post baby body girl pushing late 20's in a short cheer skirt? I'm sure I am every guys fantasy!!! The boys had a great time. For the most part they did great. I mean you can't really expect to take 3 small boys to a cold football game and have them be perfect the whole time? Talan saw the Cougar mascot and was convinced it was a lion. So, Tyler would cheer go Cougars and Talan would cheer go lions. We made quite the cheering squad. We met up with our friends Jeff and Julie Jorgensen their son, (Matt's claim to fame that he knows a BYU player) Jan Jorgensen plays defense. We stayed after in the bitter cold to talk with him. It is amazing how tall and big those guys are. From the stands I think most guys think, I could play better, I could take him with 1 arm behind my back but, when you see them face to face I think most guys have a come to Jesus moment and re-think their lofty ideas. Jan was so nice as always. Jeff and Julie are truly special people, we are lucky to know them. Since the Cougars won it made it a perfect family memory.

3 comments:

Ann said...

tyler is so jealous!! for every game this year he has calculated the distance from us-unfortunately it's always way too far away. glad you were able to go! wish we could have been there too!

Andrae said...

I just love reading your blog. You write very well. I feel as if you are talking right to me! How fun that y'all could go to the game! I am so incredibly impressed that you took all three boys. We had season tickets to the games this year but only took one kid at a time :)

Lee Family said...

You look perty. Miss ya.