CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trevin Wayne Mower Has Arrived








Matt and I went to the hospital to be induced on April 12th at 8 am. When we got there, I was having some contractions on my own but not enough to make anything happen naturally. So, they gave me a drug and told me to start walking to prepare for the pitocin. In the meantime our nurses started asking about names. Matt and I told them that we would probably pick Breckin or Corbin but we weren't sure. When they heard we had Tyler and Talan they said that we must name the baby a T name. Which seems to be most people's opinion. They were very nice and said that they would be right back with a list of T boy names so that we could pick a new name. Shortly thereafter they brought 15 pages of T names for us to look over! Matt and I looked over them and then he said to me, "Should we just do Trevin?" We had talked about it several times but decided against it. I totally thought he was joking. Matt said, maybe we should just do the T name thing. Just about then the nurses told us to go walk. Matt and I walked, and walked, and walked to try and spark things up on our own. When we returned at 1 they said I had dialated to a 3 and they started the pitocin drip. Every 15 minutes they upped the dosage to get me going. When the nurse asked if she could break my water at 4:30 I said sure. She warned me that things would escalate fast and I said okay. Boy was she right!! I don't know how people gave birth in the olden days. I swear they must have thought they were dying. I asked for the epidural but once they got it there and in place it was too late. I kept telling the nurse I was in a lot of pain and she said give it 5 contractions the epidural will kick in. Well, after those 5 contractions Trevin's head was crowned and we were open for business!!! I swear I have never been in so much pain in my life. All I could think was, how am I going to get out of this. There is no way that I am going to make it through this pain. It only took a few pushes and Trevin popped out at 6:35 pm.

The boys have been so good with him. It is just amazing to me that we have this new addition to our family. Tyler is the best big brother and Talan follows suit to anything Tyler does so we are pretty lucky. I'm sure this is just the honeymoon period and pretty soon Trevin will have trucks drove across his face, and he will be trampled upon. But for now, things are good. We feel so lucky that he came out so healthy and beautifully perfect after our 2 vessel cord scare and my lupus. I can't think of a better way to have been blessed, then by having Trevin come out healthy.

10 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats Megan! He's looks so beautiful! You looked amazing in the photo after Trevin was born. I'm so jealous. Can we bring you dinner sometime? I'll call you in the next day or two and say hi.

The Larsens said...

He is so adorable, we are so excited for you and your family! Always know we are here for you if you need anything! We love you guys.

Amber said...

Megan, I can't believe how beautiful you look. Wish everyone was as lucky. I'm so glad little Trevin is healthy and well. What a great blessing. Your family is adorable and you are in for one awesome ride being the mom of 3 boys. Congrats! Oh, by the way, I'm with you on the "I think I'm dying" feeling when giving birth. Can't imagine anything worse.

Ann said...

Megan and Matt-Trevin is so beautiful!! We are so glad that he is finally here! Tyler just let me know that you guys have a blog and I'm so excited so that we can keep in touch when we all move away! We'll come and see you soon but until then, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Congratulations!! He is adorable!!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Oh, he is so cute. I remember that it wasn't too long ago that you guys were worried about having 2 kids. Now look at you. You are doing so great. What a beautiful little family. We can't wait for you to live closer to us. Congratulations. We love ya.
PS. We missed you in Moab. I thought of you guys while Cory was crossing "the Crack". Next time we can do it together. Check out the pics on our blog. www.proulx-x-4.blogspot.com

Me said...

Congrats Mower Family,

I am so glad everything went well.

Take Care,
Liz

justamom said...

Many congratulations to all of you. How did you find the time to blog???

BunchesofBradys said...

Megan, what a beautiful story with a great ending of having a healthy baby boy after so many months of worrying. You guys deserve it! I'm glad you wrote your birth story down. I'm crying at my computer because I'm so happy for you!

Lee Family said...

Um . . you look HOT right after having a baby - that's not right or fair.
AND I just can't believe you have 3 boys.
AND just waiting for my phone call.

Andrae said...

Hi Megan! I found your blog through the Aldous's blog. Congrats on the new addition!! Your blog is great! I love the pics and especially the story about the grandma passing out!