CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The First Versus the Last

When we got pregnant with Tyler everything was exciting!!! I read books, I prepared months in advance, I even put the outlet plugs in the outlets before he was born. Like Tyler would really be able to wiggle over and stick his finger in an outlet when he was 2 days old. We were the boy scouts of parenting. With Talan we were a little less prepared, but we got everything ready in time. We even managed to set up his whole nursery and change the office to a 3rd bedroom. With this last baby, things have changed. You know you are a full time, true blue through and through mom when you are thinking, why do I need so much stuff for a little guy that is basically a blob for a month at least. I mean, does a baby really need a cradle when at least half the time you fall asleep with him in your arms, in a chair, at 2 am after rocking him for what must be at least 6 hours? The other half of the time you fall asleep feeding him in bed or on the couch and then you don't dare more for fear your sleep will be taken away from you. I know the swing, the bouncer, and the car seat are just going to be objects that Talan will manipulate into a climbing device that will allow him access to random objects that he will craftily put together and build some sort of death device. I find myself thinking, do I really want to limit the tiny amount of space we do have with all these things?? Not really. But, what the last child gets that the first never did is 4 people immediately loving you so much. Tyler and Talan sit and talk to the baby in my tummy and give him kisses and hugs everyday. Tyler especially is so cute about the little guy coming out. I think Tyler is probably the most excited of anyone. He is going to be such a great helper. He is already practicing getting the diapers for me and watching Talan in the bath tub for 30 second periods of time. So while the first child get undivided attention, the last gets 4 people's half attention and a whole house of chaos that is surrounded in love. Which would you prefer??

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

You crack me up! =) I miss you! I didnt see your baby vote till now but I like the name Corbin or Davin. How are you feeling? We need belly pictures!

Amy said...

I love your thoughts! Now matter what number you come in as one thing is for sure, there is always plenty of love and smiles to go around!

BunchesofBradys said...

I love your post! I'm sure you've been busy the last few days after having Trevin..it is Trevin right?
I hope you're doing well and I would rather be last in the family...chaos and lots of love.
I'm 7th of 7 kids..he he he
-Carrie