CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Power Through

I thought that the biggest transition for me would have been having no kids to having 1 child. I was wrong. I didn't anticipate how big of a change having 2 kids to 3 kids would be for me. I look like a freak show walking around with 3 kids. The other day I had Talan on one hip, the baby carrier on the other arm and I was pushing a crying Tyler with my belly towards the car. If that is not a sight to be seen I don't know what is. I almost feel like a walking contraceptive ad. I seriously don't know how people do it with 10 kids or even 4 for that matter! It seems like those choice people must have extreme patience and endless love. Yesterday Matt was gone for the day and I thought I would get my kids out of the house for awhile. I took them to a mall that had a playground in it. I thought, I am going to be a super mom that doesn't let having 3 kids slow her down. Well, I didn't get slowed down, I think I got crazy. I don't know what had possessed me to think that going to the mall is ever a good idea with kids no matter how many you have. I am pretty sure I gave every parent in that room a show. Just imagine me breast feeding Trevin while running after Talan as he bolts from the room just about every 5 minutes. I don't know what I would do without my hooter hider. It is the best thing I have ever got. Sadly though, I noticed that another child in the room was also named Trevin. I was really hoping that we had picked a unique name and here he is only 3 weeks old and I have already met another Trevin. Seriously, on the whole we are doing really well. The boys are really excepting of Trevin. It could be so much worse if they didn't like him. I feel like our time in Boston is going so fast. The next 2 months are going to be so stressful. I am trying to prepare and get things ready but I have this side of me that thinks things are going to hit the fan come May 16th. Which leads me to my new favorite quote:
In all living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured.

4 comments:

justamom said...

You are doing great- really! I can't believe the graduation is coming up so soon and the move how soon after that... I need to meet Tevin before you move :-) Take care of yourself and all 4 of your boys and be in touch, ok?

Jodi and Jesse said...

I already think you are Super Mom for going to the mall with three kids. I have one I still haven't dared go to the mall! You are amazing!!

ellen said...

Don't remind me that you are leaving...I'm sad!

Rick & Amber said...

Megan, we've all had those days. Things will get better and you'll adjust and be a supermom again! You're so lucky to have 3 beautiful boys.