CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?

This morning I was hanging out with the boys and Tyler and Talan suggested we play doctor. So of course I was very, very sick and in desperate need of having my knees banged in by that weird triangle on a stick to check my reflexes. I don't know why they always think its so funny to bruise me but it is their favorite part of playing doctor. I asked Tyler if he wanted to be a doctor when he grows up and he said, "No, I want to be a daddy like my dad. I want to go to the Tony Stewart store and get wood, and fix things." Then Talan in all his wisdom said, "Daddy is a doctor." I asked Talan do you know what kind of doctor daddy is. He said no. I said a teeth doctor. Then Tyler said, I thought dad was an Army doctor. My poor children, it must be so confusing to them. Talan thinks that dad must fly some sort of helicopter since there is a huge one outside the gate we go through to get on post. If you ever ask Talan where dad is he says at the helicopter. In his mind Matt must be some sort of helicopter flying, root canal filling, army tough guy. I can't think of a better way for the kids to say they love their dad than to say they want to be like him though. So, since I have no girls what do I get? You would never wish for your sons to say, "I want to be a mommy who cooks and cleans, wipes up poop all day, pays the bills, packs the lunches, goes to school meetings, acts like a driver, and keeps the household going strong." I am out of luck. I guess I will have to stick with all the I love you moms I can get!

0 comments: