CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Matt's Graduation Dinner


Last night was Matt's graduation dinner. I was so stressed out about what to wear I was probably borderline OCD about it. I hate the post baby bod! I really wanted to look nice because all Matt's friends, professors, etc. would be there and I didn't want them to think Matt was married to a whale. After I tried on 5 different outfits we settled on a dress and it worked out ok, not great but ok. So, we sit through a long awards program and the final award of the night is announced. The award is the dean's award for achievement, professionalism, and strength of character. It was given to my one and only Matthew Mower. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments. He really deserves it. I can't believe we are done. It really hit home last night as we were watching a movie of the last 4 years how far we have come, and that it is over. I'm sure our life will encounter new challenges, new phases, new stresses but for now I feel like we are book ending Boston. We made it!!! We survived our last 4 years. We are a stronger family, more reliant on each other, and best of all, we are best friends. Even though we are leaving Boston in our eyes Boston will always be where we became who we are as a family.

5 comments:

JandTara said...

MATT, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!! YOU DID IT!!!! I love the haircuts! We cannot believe how BIG Ty has gotten and how your precious family has grown. Congrats on the new baby! We cannot wait to see you guys. It seems like so long ago when yall moved from CO. It seems so long ago since we last visited you in Boston. But time sure has flown by. We cannot wait to see you again. We are spending our summer vacation in CO in June, so shoot us an email and let us know how to get in touch with you when you move so we can come visit. Seems like you are all doing so awesome and I know you are looking forward to your next chapter in life. Hope to hear from ya soon. J
jandtarareep@suddenlink.com

Lee Family said...

First of all Congrats to Matt. That is awesome!!
Second of all, where's the outfit? - need pictures.

ellen said...

Congrats!!

justamom said...

I am so happy for all of you. Awesome work, Matt. It looks like I *may* be in Co in Augus, so I'll have to come visit and help Megan with the kids :-0 Many congrats to you guys. I will miss you her in Boston.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Wow!! Matt We are so proud of you. Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment. We cant wait for you to come closer to home. I love ya!!