CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How a 5 year old fights dirty

So, yesterday Tyler and I were arguing over doing homework. I know, we shouldn't even be having this fight so early in life. And, I'm sure it will get much much worse before it ever gets better. Tyler has been taught to say exactly how he feels so we can better understand him. A few times this comes back to bite us for instance, when he told his therapist he would not share his crackers because if he did she would get fat. Those are times where you wished he wouldn't verbally express himself quite so well. Well yesterday he was really mad, he was yelling at me and I told him, "Tyler I am so mad at you." Without skipping a beat he said, "Yeah mom, I'm so mad at you and I don't like your hair!" It was so cute to hear him try to add some sort of zest to the fight. I love that both the kids are starting to talk more. The other day Talan and I were walking down the stairs and I started counting them like always and then stopped. Talan continued counting and went from 1 - 11 which he calls Trevin. I was so proud. It is these moments when you think I must do something right every 3rd day or so. Trevin got his first set of ear infections this week. I swear by the end of this fall/winter season I will have had at least 10 ear infections. Maybe I'll keep tab and see if I am right. So far, 2 ear infections only 8 to go. I feel so bad for the little guys especially when they get the doubles because that is just miserable. Life is good for us right now. It is really nice to just coast for a little. I feel like we are getting a chance to live our lives the way everyone should right now.

0 comments: