CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

And Tyler takes off with the cake





I don't know if you have ever been to a reception with a 4 year old. I think, I hope, any 4 year old would do what my child did. If not, pretend you didn't read this and that everything below is purely fiction. I believe that Tyler is responsible for eating at least one entire tier of Andrew and Michelle's wedding cake. Every time I turned around he had a different piece, with different frosting, and different filling. What happens to be unique about this is, Tyler licks off any frosting and leaves the rest of the cake untouched. In essence he is only eating 1/4 of every piece if you count frosting, cake, filling, cake. So, Matt and I limited ourselves to his half eaten cake to try and make up the difference. In addition to the cake, Tyler must have filled at least 50 cups of water from the water jug. He must have thought it was entirely too cool to fill your own glass so, he helped himself, as well as many others, to glasses of water. Unfortunately, when others tried to get their own water, they were often confronted with "people get out the way" and "people go home" phrases that are sometimes muttered from a certain Grandpa on a certain side of the family that will remain undisclosed. If that was not enough entertainment for me to watch, my boys dancing to their all time favorite song, Sweet Home Alabama, where they sang louder than the music would have done it. Tyler was quite the dancer. Especially when he provided the strip entertainment for the night. All in all, I remain a proud mama!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Megs- you look so gorgeous! And 6 months pregnant, you can't even tell. You are so thin! I miss you so much! The wedding was so gorgeous!

Me said...

Megan,

How beautiful you and your family are. It was fun to see this pictures. I love your hair that length!

Keep in touch,
Liz

Oh yeah and the cake think, I totally understand, we were at a birthday part for Pooh bear at our library yesterday and Anna was doing the same thing....kids and cake,...hmm..what can you say.